Subject: Re: Animated LW meshes in realtime games
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 17:39:02 -0500

On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, [email-masked] (Saiyad Abdul) wrote:
>If the above was confusing this what I want to do in nice broken english :)
>
>1) build the chunks of a guy in modeller
>2) group chunks into a guy, and animate in Layout
>3) save animated chunks/guy as sequential separate objects or preferrably
>   one new sequential object(eg guywalk01.lwo, guywalk02.lwo)
>
>Is this possible? Have I missed something really simple(I do that
>sometimes :))

	If I'm following you, the answer is no, you can't save a group of 
objects AS AN OBJECT.  What you could do is save the SCENE in various 
interations.  Not only is this directly supported, but scene files are much 
smaller than objects too.

	You would then use LOAD FROM SCENE to load your object.  (Of course you 
would probably want it to be the only object in the scene too.)  You can think 
of scenes as meta objects, sorta, using this approach.

>PS. If it can't do this does anyone know of a plugin that might, or
>would anyone be interested in a plugin that would?

	TMK there isn't currently such a PI available.  It likely is possible to 
create one.  You would also most likely want to integrate it somehow with the 
OBJREP plugins.

>Sai
******************************************************************************
** [email-masked]                     |  Synergy Graphix & Animation   **
** Welcome to Seattle!  Have a latte'!     | Technical Subjects a Specialty!**
** Don't make me force it down your throat.|     "OK!  Wind the frog!"      **